10.06.2008

First week back to school

School started up again last week. I'm taking just two classes, so I go to school four days out of the week. John was very supportive and took me or picked me up three times (I believe). One of the times was because I was longing for a nap before an afternoon class but would have had to leave right away to catch the bus. He let me get a nap, then drove me. What a wonderful husband! I really feel blessed to have him as my support person and my best friend!

Classes are fine. I really like the business information systems class. We've learned basic stuff about hardware and software which are things I've been curious about but always thought they were too far over my head to understand anything about them. The textbook takes a simplified look at all that and explains it so it makes sense. The audit class is really slow so far. Hopefully it will get more interesting as the weeks go on.

At BAP, we had a panel of recruiters talk about the recruiting process and accounting jobs in general. It was mostly stuff I'd heard before. But I did find out that I'm not eligible for a summer internship next year because they like interns to have at least one more term to take after the internship. So that means I'll be applying this week to full time jobs for my first year out of college! Ack! This week is also Meet the Firms so that will put me in front of the right people. It's kinda nerve-wracking, especially with not knowing how things will change after the baby is born and if/when we move closer to our families next year. Everything is up in the air. I'm just trying to take it a day at a time. Also, I'm trying to stay organized so my head can stay clear.

4 comments:

Nate and Andrea said...

Congratulations! When's the baby due?

Aimee B. said...

November 21st, the week before Thanksgiving.

creative side said...

It is good to hear about your classes. Not so good to hear that you will have to look at getting a full time job for the internship. Aargh!

creative side said...

Hey, you get to change your profile and add "Mom" and CPA to the list.