1.07.2012

A Hum Drum Saturday

It's a lazy Saturday.

It's past time to take the tree down, and I still have thank-yous to write.

I think I miss my friends at PeaceHealth. I had lunch with Becky this week, and it was really great. I would like to have lunch with her every week or every other week.

I like my new job. The work is interesting, and I'm using accounting principles on a daily basis, which is really great. One part of my job is doing payables and financials for a small subsidiary. The other part of my job is updating spreadsheets with month-end data and tracking certain accounts. I also have a few things I do every morning to make sure things are running smoothly. I probably won't have a good feel for the whole job until I have a few more month-ends under my belt.

I have quite a few Starbucks gift cards from Christmas. But I've been really disappointed with their drinks lately. I was going to a different coffee shop at my last job, and they had a really yummy pumpkin latte. But the Starbucks pumpkin is pumpkin spice, and I really don't taste any pumpkin in it. The peppermint has been blah, and even the caramel mocha was... dull. I guess I should go back to plain lattes and adding my own sweetener and spices. Grrr. I tend to stay away from that because I can't go through the drive-through and do that. Oh well.

I have a weird raw spot on my hand at the base of my thumb. I woke up to it being sore, and I have no idea what it is from. I'm going to put some hydrocortisone cream on it and see if that helps.

Here's to being bored with certain life circumstances but trying to get up and enjoy them and try new things anyway. I know it will eventually be easy to enjoy them again.


P.S. Sorry this sounds kind of sad and boring. But at least I can tell my Mom that I wrote on my blog. :)

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Good job on posting for your mom! I was thinking I was going to do something else today, but when you mentioned the tree I remembered that I'd been planning on doing that today. Thanks!
The girls get peppermint white mocha I think. (Only 2 pumps of each so it isn't too sweet.). They really like it. I use Starbucks cards to buy cups or mocha. (I'm not a huge fan of coffee, so I get 1/2 the coffee base and then add 2 pumps of hazelnut - yumm!)
I'm so glad you like your new job!

creative side said...

You can also use a Starbucks card to buy their bagged coffee. Yum. I love Mercury's coffee near us. It has such a rich warm flavor that is not burnt tasting. I just stick to the old vanilla latte if I go to Starbucks. They are consistent from store to store, but it works if needed. YOU POSTED!!!HOORAY!!!!ARMS IN THE AIR!!!!