5.03.2005

Learning to knit, again

Growing up, my Mom tried to show me how to knit several times. I would start a small washcloth project, but I never finished one. Then I decided to learn on my own. I borrowed a book from the library and started and finished a washcloth. I was so stoked!

From the excitement of that success, I decided to try some more projects. I bought a Learn to Knit kit that provided yarn, needles, and instructions for a baby hat and a pair of booties. And, guess what. I finished those too! However, I learned the importance of guage. I knit the hat on size 8 needles, and it's kind of big for a newborn. I knit the booties on size 3 and liked that much better, so currently I'm knitting another hat on size 3 needles. And I also decided to expand my skills by knitting the hat in the round on double pointed needles. So far I have 3 rows.

All in a month's time. I think this time knitting is stuck in my brain.

No comments: