1.11.2008

Busy, busy, busy

I'm done with my first week of classes this term. I like all my professors and the classes, too. I'm most excited about the intermediate accounting class. It's the real meat. Oh, there's accounting information systems that will be cool too. I get to design an information system in Excel that includes ledger accounts and journal entries, and financial statements.

I have a three-hour break on Mondays and Wednesdays so I brought enough to study during those times and took advantage of it. I also went to the gym yesterday and walked around the inside track. In total, I exercised three times in the last five days. Plus I walk to the bus and walk home.

This term looks to be very busy. There's a meet-and-greet next week that will get my foot in the door for the internship interview process starting late January. Also, I'm going to get certified to be able to participate in VITA, which does free income tax preparation for low-income people in the area (including students). That will be good for the resume and put me in a good position to run for an officer position in the accounting club, which I'm a pledge for this term. There's also a thing that's organized for early February that pairs people with CPAs in the area and we get to have dinner and find out more about their careers. Very exciting, and it's free!

2 comments:

creative side said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nate and Andrea said...

Busy huh? You might want to see how busy we'll be come August. ;)

Nate