6.18.2012

Back, again

Okay, so I know it's been awhile since I've written. I've recently learned that people (besides my Mom) read my blog and actually watch for updates. I think this is pretty neat. I used to write just thinking I was writing to my Mom (no offense, Mom). But with this news, I am encouraged to write more often. I wanted to write last week, but I didn't find a lot of time to write. I thought I might post today at lunch and maybe add a few pictures tonight or tomorrow night from home.

Since it's been awhile, I think I'll just give some random updates and thoughts. I'll put a story together for the pictures when I upload them.

Monday Moments (like Ten Things Tuesday, but with less pressure because I don't have to force number 10)
  • I'm eating minestrone soup at work. I bought an 8-pack of soups from Costco to take to work so lunch was less work to prepare. I thought the box was all lentil soup, but it's half lentil and half minestrone. I was a little disappointed with the minestrone until I found the packets drawer at work that has Romano cheese packets from Olive Garden. Just a little bit of cheese makes a world of difference.
  • We took a family trip to Montana and got back last Tuesday. It was a full day of driving each way. We went with my parents in their Odyssey, and it was quite comfortable. John and my Dad did most of the driving (thanks, guys!). Sam was great in the car. Maemae brought lots of little goodies for him to play with. He liked stitching on the plastic canvas and a light-up toy that spins lights around in a circle the best. I think he also really liked hearing Maemae read Shel Silverstein poems to him. I enjoyed the poems too.
  • I started a Winnie-the-Pooh cross-stitch on a shirt for Sam's birthday/Christmas last year but it was a bigger project than I had prepared for. I've picked it up again, and I'm having fun working on it at lunchtime. There are four boxes of WtP character heads. I'm on the fourth one now, Eeyore. I'll post a picture of my progress later. Thankfully the shirt is big enough that it will fit him at his birthday this year and probably for another year.
Okay, that will do for now. See you for tomorrow's installment. :)

No comments: