6.19.2012

Ten Things Tuesday

First, a shout out to Dianna. Thanks for the email and the encouragement. :)

Second, a real Ten Things Tuesday:
1. I have started to reduce my "every day" sugar items. At work, I used to put two pumps of creamer into my coffee plus Splenda. Now I'm just using 1 pump of creamer, no Splenda. I also was putting a Splenda packet in my oatmeal that I make at work, but I cut that out too. I actually don't miss it in the oatmeal. I think the raisins help sweeten it. I'm still getting used to the coffee, but I'm determined to change my taste. Sam likes my coffee too much when he tastes it. That's not right. Kids are supposed to hate coffee. So I wanted to make it more hate-able. :)

2. We picked another big bowl of strawberries last night. This time we shared some with our neighbors. The plants in the upper raised bed produced absolutely picture perfect strawberries: plump, perfect strawberry red, and firm. They are a good size too. The plants are spaced out a little more up there, so I think I will thin out the main strawberry patch for next year. Okay, so I didn't get a picture of them last night, but I will the next time I pick them.

3. Wow, those were long. Makes for a long "Ten" list. Time for a short one... I can't wait to watch the recorded Eureka tonight! I'm going to miss the show after it ends this season.

4. I have three annoying bug bites on my legs, probably from working in the yard Saturday. Very, very itchy. Boo.

5. I pinned a cool quote on Pinterest last night that was so funny, I want to share here too. It goes something like "Pinterest makes me like people I've never met, and Facebook makes me hate [some] people I know in real life." Although I will say my opinion of people changes with what they pin too.

6. John needs a new watch. He has cracked the face of his, and it's probably no longer water resistant.

7. I'm also excited to watch our next Netflix movie: Man on a Ledge. I adore Sam Worthington.

8. We need a babysitter so we can go see Avengers.

9. Tonight is Mom's Night Out. Yay!

10. And finally, we're to ten. Like I said yesterday, sometimes I have to force # ten. :)

No comments: