1.29.2006

Lazy weekend

We have had a very lazy weekend. I started another jigsaw puzzle in the living room. It really works great to put up the card table. I have an Ott-Lite I use on the table to see the pieces; it shines light on the table but stays out of other people's eyes. This puzzle is a multi-picture of a wolf. It's a bunch of little pictures of animals made up so the shading in the big picture looks like a wolf. I started putting it together sometime last year, and about 3/4 of the way done, I put it away in a puzzle storing thingy. You put the puzzle on the flat piece of fabric, fill the tube with air then roll the tube down the fabric to create a roll of puzzle. But it's not designed for long-term storage as we found out. The air leaks out slowly and the tube shrinks letting the roll relax and lose pieces. We finally put the puzzle away a few weeks ago because it was almost all the way deflated. So now I'm starting it over. There were three good-sized sections still together, but I'm nowhere near where I was before. It was a fun puzzle before, and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I'm planning on watching a movie or two this afternoon and working on it. Fun!

We had fun weather yesterday. There was a short thunderstorm, but I've never been in one so close before! The thunder was not more than 2 seconds after the lightning, and it was so loud! The first thunder clap disturbed me out of a nap on the couch; I woke up very surprised and confused. John and I laughed at how startled I was. We saw a little hail, too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know Aimee... you just reminded me of how much I love to work on puzzles and watch a movie. I will have to do that sometime soon. maybe after my mom and Tiana go back to the states. they are coming next wednesday! I am so excited!!!

Unknown said...

Aimee, I miss you. I am so glad I can keep up on your life by reading your blog. :-) You are a treasure!