1.06.2006

Narnia review

Over Christmas vacation, we went to see Narnia. I really liked it. The special effects were great, and the kids were awesome.

The only complaint I have is the PG rating. I think it should be rated PG-13 because of some of the war scenes. There wasn't much blood, but it would be intense and scary for little kids. There was a child (I'm not sure what age she was, but I'm guessing around 4-6) in the theater in the row behind us that told her Mom several times that she was scared and didn't want to watch it anymore. The mother told her it was okay, but didn't take her out of the theater. I was not impressed with the mother's decision to bring this young child to a scary movie and not respond to her daughter's request to leave.

Besides young children, I think everyone should see this movie. The actress that played Lucy gave an amazing performance. I can't wait to see what kind of young woman she grows into and what interesting parts she picks to play.

2 comments:

Aimee B. said...

Seeing the movie makes me excited to read the books again. I've found that I enjoy reading the book after seeing the movie because I can associate names with faces and voices. Then the books are more fun for me!

Aimee B. said...

Oh, that will be fun! I hope they get to make all the books with the greatness of the first!