8.18.2005

Learning to draw

After seeing the beautiful paintings of the lady at the fair, my interest in drawing and painting was renewed. I've started to learn to draw many times during my life, but I always determined I didn't have any talent. I gave up even though my Mom (a wonderful artist) always insisted that good art comes from practice.

When I saw the artist's paintings at the fair, I remembered what my Mom had taught me and decided I would start drawing again and not care if the product was good or not. I will pursue the enjoyment of the act of drawing.

I borrowed some drawing instruction books from the library, and today I sat down with pencil and paper and started going through the lessons. I had about an hour together alone with my art. I enjoyed myself very much, and I look forward to the next adventure.

No comments: