9.16.2005

New scar

About a month ago, I went to the dermatologist to ease my mother's prodding. My Mom kept insisting I have this one mole on my left cheek checked out and probably removed. It's been important to keep a good check on my moles because my grandma had malignant melanoma, so it's good to remove all irregular-looking moles.

During the appointment, the doctor removed 5 moles total, including the one on my cheek. About a week later, he called me and said the pathology report came back showing irregular cells in the mole. He suggested I have more removed by a plastic surgeon to make it less noticeable.

After an initial appointment for the surgeon to take pictures of the surgical site, the doctor did the procedure and applied a steri-strip. I went back a week later and had the superficial stitches removed and another steri-strip put on. So now I have a new scar. It's about an inch long, very flat and smooth. I haven't been able to get a good look at it, but my husband assures me the docotor did a very nice job.

2 comments:

Aimee B. said...

Thanks, Lorrie. I'm really not that worried about it. If I look straight into the mirror, I can't even see it because it's more on the outside contour of my face.

I would rather be healthy with a scar, than sick.

Unknown said...

Glad you are healthy my friend! :)